This recipe is going to take a little more time and preperation than some of the drinks I’ve posted recently. However the end result is worth it and sure to impress! keep in mind I referred to this as a party punch because the recipe is adapted to make about 6 drinks, not because it is a cheap punch mix with half a gallon of bottom shelf vodka in it. ( I don’t judge) This strawberry and ginger punch uses fresh ingredients and is a great addition to any drink connoisseur’s arsenal.
Ingredients: 1/3 cup sugar, 12 oz fresh hulled and halved strawberries, 3 inch piece of ginger peeled and thinly sliced, 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, 2 cups of vodka, 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 24 oz seltzer water.
We’ll start by making strawberry ginger syrup
- Add sugar, 1/2 cup of strawberries, half of ginger, and a 1/3 cup of water to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes while occasionally stirring (berries should be soft)
- Muddle 2 cups of strawberries, 1/4 cup basil, and rest of ginger in a large bowl
- Add vodka, lime juice and syrup
- Let sit for 30 minutes up to 2 hours to perfect flavor
Strain and serve
- Strain into large punch bowl, pressing out all juice
- Add seltzer and remaining strawberries and basil
- Serve over ice and enjoy!